Criminal Defense Lawyer
by Shawn Hungate.
When someone is facing criminal charges, money is not the only thing on the line. That persons freedom is at stake. Call my office to discuss any criminal matter, no matter how big or small. Some of the criminal related matters I handle are:
- Possession of Cannabis
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Cocaine
- Other Possession Charges
- Sale & Delivery
- Oxycotin / Oxycodone cases
- Trafficking Charges
- Other Drug Charges
- Aggravated Battery
- Aggravated Assault
- Child Abuse
- Petit Theft
- Grand Theft
- Burglary Charges
- Armed Robbery
- Home Invasion
- Sex Crimes
- Trespassing Charges
- Attempted Murder
- Other Homicide Charges
If you are accused of a crime these are some of your most important rights:
- The right to refuse to talk to the police.
- The right to talk to a lawyer before and during any police questioning.
- The right to refuse to a search of your home without a warrant.
- The right to refuse to a search of your car or person without probable cause.
- The right to see a judge within 24 hours of arrest to determine if the police had probable cause to arrest you.
- The right to a reasonable bond if you are arrested.
- The right to a speedy trial by a jury of your peers.
- The right to be represented by a competent attorney.
- The right to be advised of any plea offers made by the prosecutor.
- The right to testify or not testify as you wish at trial.
- The right to compel witnesses to testify in your defense.
- The right to confront and cross-examine witnesses that the government calls to testify against you.